The Poacher Catcher is our original product and has been sold successfully for the past 6 years. This device detects an intruder using a PIR (passive infra-red) sensor and alerts you via a call and/or text. Once the alerts have been made, the unit re-sets itself ready to be activated once more. The device can be programmed with a timer so it is active within specific times during the day and the sensitivity level can also be set. All programming is done via text message and can therefore be changed remotely. The unit can also be switched on/off via text message.
The Poacher Catcher offers a viable solution to intruder detection and alert, without any of the drawbacks of conventional systems. Being battery operated self-contained unit which will monitor an area 24 hours a day. If an intruder is detected, Poacher Catcher will silently telephone one or more designated recipients so that appropriate action can be initiated immediately.
The Poacher Catcher will be activated by detecting the heat from a moving body or vehicle engine. To minimise false alarms we have designed the Poacher Catcher not to detect small animals and flying birds – when the Poacher Catcher is positioned at approximately 5-6 foot high, animals such as foxes, badgers and rabbits will go undetected.
Poacher Catcher can be pre-programmed by us prior to dispatch with up to 4 phone numbers and an active time range. These numbers will be called in sequence within 30-40 seconds of activation and all programming can be changed at any time by the user via text message.
Poacher Catcher requires minimal user setup. The unit is positioned correctly using the hidden ‘walk test’ light and then goes live approximately 30 seconds later. Your Poacher Catcher can then be left in position until you receive a text alerting you to the fact that the rechargeable battery is running low.
- Simply turn on and the Poacher Catcher is ready within 30 seconds
- Ideal for use in remote areas with no power
- Rechargeable battery lasts up to 3 months – can also be used via mains
- Passive infra-red sensor range is up to 10 metres
- Pre-focused detection area to avoid detection of small animals
- Poacher Catcher calls any phone number within 30-40 seconds of activation
- Up to 4 phone numbers can be programmed
- Poacher Catcher sends you a text when battery is low, or SIM credit is below £2.00
- World-wide compatibility – any 2G mobile phone network can be used
- Virtually maintenance free operation
- Built-in on/off timer set by text commands
- Completely silent when activated
Weight: 250 grams